Bladder strategies

This appears to be a major problem with MSers especialy female patients.
Please let us know what helps you and what makes it worse.

Please read the posts to see how some patients have regained complete control with TMJ treatment. This contradicts with the conventional belief that the loss of bladder control is caused by the demyelination of the neurological pathways.

Bladder strategies

Postby Thekla » Wed, 10 Oct 2012, 12:22 pm

I've been trying to solve this puzzle for a long time. Always having to consider where there are decent public toilets which makes activity so much more complicated. I took estriol and LDN for a while and they seemed to help a bit for a time. Then in the course of trying the Wahls diet, I went off dairy and that also seemed to help to a degree. I've tried eliminating just about every food, just in case. I have found magnesium helpful. It helps with spasticity and constipation and perhaps that is why it helps. CCSVI treatment didn't affect my bladder. I always wear pads just in case. I'm currently being treated for tmj/jaw misalignment (4 months) and that has definitely changed things. While I still am not functioning 'normally', I have less frequency. I went out for dinner last week and despite having a glass of wine could wait until I got home. I usually have to excuse myself more than once. I would love to not have to think about toilets anymore! I could write a book reviewing public facilities. :roll:
Thekla

Re: Bladder strategies

Postby jooba20 » Thu, 11 Oct 2012, 11:45 am

Thekla wrote:I've been trying to solve this puzzle for a long time. Always having to consider where there are decent public toilets which makes activity so much more complicated. I took estriol and LDN for a while and they seemed to help a bit for a time. Then in the course of trying the Wahls diet, I went off dairy and that also seemed to help to a degree. I've tried eliminating just about every food, just in case. I have found magnesium helpful. It helps with spasticity and constipation and perhaps that is why it helps. CCSVI treatment didn't affect my bladder. I always wear pads just in case. I'm currently being treated for tmj/jaw misalignment (4 months) and that has definitely changed things. While I still am not functioning 'normally', I have less frequency. I went out for dinner last week and despite having a glass of wine could wait until I got home. I usually have to excuse myself more than once. I would love to not have to think about toilets anymore! I could write a book reviewing public facilities. :roll:

Elly I would like to help you write that book! We could add a chapter on Convenient Parking for the Disabled.
My bladder has been probably, the worst part of my condition. I started getting bladder infections all the time a few years ago. I was constantly on antibiotics which made me feel worse. I started LDN which made a difference( only a bit - no more infections) 2 CCSVI treatments didn't help my bladder at all. I started treatment for tmj/jaw misalignment and within a few days my bladder was so much better - still not normal but less frequent. It seems to depend on (taboo subject) my bowel movements. When they are empty my frequency for a wee almost completely goes. In my mind I imagine that due to asymmetry in my pelvis area things aren't working as they should yet. Onwards and upwards!
jooba20

Postby 2mm » Thu, 11 Oct 2012, 7:15 pm

LOL @ " I could write a book reviewing public facilities".

You seem to be making progress through your current tmj treatments, maybe the misalignment was the cause of your bladder issues. If so, then with time you will hopefully NEVER have this problem again :D !

Please keep us posted as life goes on with you, good luck.
2mm

Postby Thekla » Mon, 22 Oct 2012, 7:38 pm

I'm still struggling with this puzzle. I think that bowel irregularity and constipation has a connection with bladder issues. Even mild irregularity or gas seems to make things worse. I try to manage the bowels with diet and magnesium to ameliorate of this part of the problem. I do think that misalignments throughout the body can also be part of the problem and expect things to continue to change as I become more balanced and straight. It seems very obvious that my extreme wonky hips are probably affecting my bladder. Who knows which nerves are being compressed there.
Thekla

Postby Thekla » Tue, 14 Jan 2014, 1:57 pm

My bladder is continuing to improve. I rarely have that 'tingly buzzy' aware-all-of-the-time of my bladder sensation now. My control is also improved in that I can make it to the toilet without leaking more often. This is becoming less of a stress in my life. I wish it was already normal, but when I think about how I was before starting with treatment, I have a life again! And this is without any medications and only a couple supplements and a normal healthy diet.
Thekla

Return to Bladder control